Missionaries are the true heroes of today - men, women and children who have surrendered all and determined to fulfill the Great Commission by carrying the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to the farthest corners of the globe.

(DISCLAIMER: I am a member of an Independent, Fundamental KJV-preaching, soul-winning Baptist Church in Lubbock, Texas. However, this blog is my own creation and is not a ministry of Bethany Baptist Church. Missionaries featured in this space may or may not be supported by my church. Inclusion in this list does not imply any affiliation with Bethany Baptist Church, nor does it offer any extra "in" for a missionary to present his work at our church. Inviting a missionary to our church is not my decision, but my Pastor's. I'm sorry to have to include this, but don't want to have any misunderstandings to come out of what is intended to be a blessing.)

Monday, December 19, 2011

Headed to the Top of the World!

Boy, talk about a contrast! In my last post, we visited the nation of Tanzania, and now we're headed to the opposite end of the planet to meet Chris and Carole Shull and the ministry they have established in Greenland!

The Shulls are the epitome of pioneering missionaries. They have been called to Ilulissat, Greenland, to establish the first Baptist Church in that nation. Join Mrs. Shull as she chronicles the family's adventures through her blog, "Arctic Adventures," which can be found here: http://arctic-adventures.blogspot.com/

I have explored this blog and I am amazed at what the Shulls are going through to see that the Gospel has a chance to flourish in Greenland. They have to learn two languages and adapt to a culture that is totally unlike any I have ever seen, that is steeped in spiritual darkness. On top of that, Greenland does not have a system of interstate transportation and spends a large part of the year in darkness. Truly a land that desperately needs the Light of the world.

Please stop by and visit the Shulls and pray with them for their outreach to the Inuit people of Greenland.

Until next time, be sure to subscribe to this blog and to any others you choose to follow, then sign up for email updates to keep up with these great ministries.

If I don't see you before Sunday, have a blessed Christmas and Lord's Day as we celebrate the greatest gift ever given!

Bro. Garry Wesner

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Carole's blog! I have shared so much with my children about Greenland (that I have learned from her blog) that my 7-year old Nate is already talking about wanting to become a missionary to Greenland one day!

    ReplyDelete