Missionaries are the true heroes of today - men, women and children who have surrendered all and determined to fulfill the Great Commission by carrying the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to the farthest corners of the globe.

(DISCLAIMER: I am a member of an Independent, Fundamental KJV-preaching, soul-winning Baptist Church in Lubbock, Texas. However, this blog is my own creation and is not a ministry of Bethany Baptist Church. Missionaries featured in this space may or may not be supported by my church. Inclusion in this list does not imply any affiliation with Bethany Baptist Church, nor does it offer any extra "in" for a missionary to present his work at our church. Inviting a missionary to our church is not my decision, but my Pastor's. I'm sorry to have to include this, but don't want to have any misunderstandings to come out of what is intended to be a blessing.)

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Blog!

Well, my friends, I am sitting here on Christmas Eve, rejoicing in the absolute greatness of God.

I enjoyed a wonderful day of fellowship with family (discussing World War II planes with my father-in-law, reading the Christmas Story from my King James Bible, eating my wife's famous Taco Soup and snuggling with great-nieces and great-nephew).

Now I'm nestled in, watching "It's a Wonderful Life" and getting ready to introduce you to an absolute treasure trove of missionaries!

When I started this list, I had no idea what was out there in the "blogosphere." Then I stumbled upon "Baptist Missionary Women," http://baptistmissionarywomen.blogspot.com/.

I discovered this blog (and accompanying Facebook page) thanks to my dear missionary friend Jolene Sloan (check out her blog at right, "With Love From Ukraine"). Talk about awesome! Here I found blogs that are written by women serving as faithful missionaries all over the world.

You met one of the collaborators of this blog the other day - Carole Shull and her family, who chronicle their adventures in Greenland through "Arctic Adventures." I'll introduce you to Jen Bauer and her blog "Be Thou Exalted" in my next post.

Please go by and check out "Baptist Missionary Women" and sign up to follow their posts. You will learn more about the world and get a greater vision for missions than you ever thought possible.

And while you're at it, don't forget to subscribe to my blog and sign up to receive updates by email.

I pray you all have a very Merry Christmas tomorrow and that you enjoy it in the Lord's House. God bless you all.

In Christ,

Bro. Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment