Missionaries are the true heroes of today - men, women and children who have surrendered all and determined to fulfill the Great Commission by carrying the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to the farthest corners of the globe.

(DISCLAIMER: I am a member of an Independent, Fundamental KJV-preaching, soul-winning Baptist Church in Lubbock, Texas. However, this blog is my own creation and is not a ministry of Bethany Baptist Church. Missionaries featured in this space may or may not be supported by my church. Inclusion in this list does not imply any affiliation with Bethany Baptist Church, nor does it offer any extra "in" for a missionary to present his work at our church. Inviting a missionary to our church is not my decision, but my Pastor's. I'm sorry to have to include this, but don't want to have any misunderstandings to come out of what is intended to be a blessing.)

Friday, May 4, 2012

Preaching the Gospel on the Emerald Isle

I was looking at my Facebook today when I had one of the best surprises!   Bro. Stephen Kennedy popped up to clue me in to his blog, which centers on his ministry in Northern Ireland.  Bro. Stephen and I had a wonderful visit before he had to head to bed (oops, I forgot it's about six hours later there than in Lubbock!!), but I was so blessed to meet this man of God and learn a little bit about his heart.

Since I am never one to spurn an opportunity to visit a missionary blog, I popped right over to "Old Church on Scroggy Road" (http://www.oldchurchonscroggyroad.blogspot.com/) and took a look. There I was blessed by some very thoughtful entries by Bro. Stephen, as well as the chance to read his most recent prayer letter.

Bro. Stephen, his wife Angel and their children live in Limavady, Northern Ireland where he pastors the Roe Valley Baptist Church.  (By the way, I had to look up exactly where Limavady is - it's in northern Northern Ireland, located east of Londonderry and northwest of the capital of Belfast.)

I am so glad to be able to bring you this blog; it's always a blessing to meet new missionaries and learn their desires, prayers and burdens for their fields, and learn what they're doing to meet those needs.

Please stop by and visit the Kennedys and take a look at the beautiful country of Northern Ireland and this family that is seeking to bring the light of Jesus Christ to the darkness.  There's even a place you can subscribe and keep up with their work.

As always I encourage you to keep our missionaries in your fervent prayers as they serve on fields throughout the world.  My prayer is that we would all Pray More, Give More and, if called, Go Farther for the cause of missions.

Until next time, thanks for stopping by and being a support to these great Heroes of the Faith.

In Christ,

Bro. Garry

1 comment: