Missionaries are the true heroes of today - men, women and children who have surrendered all and determined to fulfill the Great Commission by carrying the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to the farthest corners of the globe.

(DISCLAIMER: I am a member of an Independent, Fundamental KJV-preaching, soul-winning Baptist Church in Lubbock, Texas. However, this blog is my own creation and is not a ministry of Bethany Baptist Church. Missionaries featured in this space may or may not be supported by my church. Inclusion in this list does not imply any affiliation with Bethany Baptist Church, nor does it offer any extra "in" for a missionary to present his work at our church. Inviting a missionary to our church is not my decision, but my Pastor's. I'm sorry to have to include this, but don't want to have any misunderstandings to come out of what is intended to be a blessing.)

Monday, April 23, 2012

If it's published, is it still Unpublished??

I know, I know. The headline doesn't make much sense; hang on for a minute and I'll try and clarify matters.

You see, I stumbled upon my latest blogger while poking around Facebook and was intrigued by the name, "A Story Unpublished." Since I really love reading missionary blogs, I followed the link and realized that the author is someone I've never before featured -- a Missionary Kid!

So I contacted Miss Noelle O'Brien (like I do with every new blogger), introduced myself and asked if I could publish "A Story Unpublished" (http://readnoelleobrien.blogspot.com/) in this space.

When she responded, Miss Noelle told me this is her second blog. "A Story Unpublished" began as a spinoff from her first blog, "Memoirs of an MK," which chronicled Miss Noelle's life growing up in Kharkov, Ukraine with her parents, veteran missionaries John and Cathy O'Brien.

Now that Miss Noelle has begin blazing a new trail (she currently is a student at Heartland Baptist Bible College in Oklahoma City), she has launched her new effort. I scrolled to the beginning of "A Story Unpublished" in December 2010 and found Miss Noelle's rationale for the new effort:

Today I've started up a new blog. The beginnings are always the end of something else. And although I feel that I will someday return to my kharkovgirl blog, Memoirs of an MK, life is changing and I'm changing with it.

This is a really unique blog and so is its author. Please take a few minutes to stop by and visit Miss Noelle. I really think you'll get a blessing from this young lady who is grabbing life and serving the Lord in two countries and across the blogosphere.

Please pray for Miss Noelle and all of the other missionaries you've met in this space. All our missionaries desperately need us to support them with our prayers, our encouragement and our faithful giving.

As always my prayer is that we will all Pray More, Give More and, if called, Go Farther for the cause of missions around the world.

Until next time, may God continue to soften your hearts to the needs of missionaries.

In Christ,

Bro. Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment