Missionaries are the true heroes of today - men, women and children who have surrendered all and determined to fulfill the Great Commission by carrying the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to the farthest corners of the globe.

(DISCLAIMER: I am a member of an Independent, Fundamental KJV-preaching, soul-winning Baptist Church in Lubbock, Texas. However, this blog is my own creation and is not a ministry of Bethany Baptist Church. Missionaries featured in this space may or may not be supported by my church. Inclusion in this list does not imply any affiliation with Bethany Baptist Church, nor does it offer any extra "in" for a missionary to present his work at our church. Inviting a missionary to our church is not my decision, but my Pastor's. I'm sorry to have to include this, but don't want to have any misunderstandings to come out of what is intended to be a blessing.)

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My own special missionary!


I would like to take just a moment and introduce you all to my favorite missionary in the world! Twenty years ago today (Feb. 15, 1992), our own Bethany Wesner was born. Two decades later, she is now a second-year Spanish language student at Mount Hebron Baptist Bible Institute in Monterrey, Mexico.

Bethany has been the greatest blessing and a joy as her mother and I have watched her grow and mature into a beautiful young woman of God.

She is still seeking God's long-term path for her life, but for now, she is exactly where He wants her to be, learning Spanish and taking part in many ministries of Mount Hebron Baptist Church.

I enjoy Skyping with her as often as possible to hear about her latest adventures. Some days it's just piano class, Spanish Class and Chapel, but other days she is full of news about taking part in the bus ministry, ladies soul-winning, playing in the church orchestra or whatever else needs to be done.

Please keep Bethany in your prayers as she seeks what God would have her to do. She graduates language school this May and is eagerly looking toward what He has as the next step in her life's journey, whether that means continuing her mission training or something else entirely.

I love you Bethany and can't wait to see you continue to become the woman God wants you to be!

Daddy

2 comments:

  1. Thank you So much I Love you and Mama SOOOOOO much i can't stand it you are the Best Daddy God could have ever given me too!!!! I love you and can't wait to see you in May!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was SO very sweet! May God bless you and your future in God's will, Bethany!

    ReplyDelete