Missionaries are the true heroes of today - men, women and children who have surrendered all and determined to fulfill the Great Commission by carrying the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to the farthest corners of the globe.

(DISCLAIMER: I am a member of an Independent, Fundamental KJV-preaching, soul-winning Baptist Church in Lubbock, Texas. However, this blog is my own creation and is not a ministry of Bethany Baptist Church. Missionaries featured in this space may or may not be supported by my church. Inclusion in this list does not imply any affiliation with Bethany Baptist Church, nor does it offer any extra "in" for a missionary to present his work at our church. Inviting a missionary to our church is not my decision, but my Pastor's. I'm sorry to have to include this, but don't want to have any misunderstandings to come out of what is intended to be a blessing.)

Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Family "Two-fer" in the West Indies

For some time now I have been eagerly anticipating the first real "milestone" in my blog - the 20th missionary blog to feature.

Now, thanks to the Gimenez family, I have passed that mark and added one!

That's right - today you get two blogs for the price of one! I am so thrilled to introduce you to my newest "virtual friends," Bro. Patrick and Mrs. Kami Gimenez. On top of that, you can read both blogs to learn about their life on a pioneering mission field - the small island of St. Barths in the West Indies.

Here's what you can find them - Bro. Patrick blogs at "Gimenez Family Life," which can be found here: http://www.gimenezfamilylife.blogspot.com/. Mrs. Kami has hers, "a day in the life of a missionary wife" here: http://adayinthelifeofamissionarywife.blogspot.com/.

So what will you find? Well, Bro. Patrick blogs about the family with a ministry focus, while Mrs. Kami blogs about the family from her perspective.

I really had a good time the other night, poking around both blogs. I have already signed up for email updates from both so I can see how they are assaying to reach the West Indies with the Gospel.

Please stop by and visit both Gimenez's blogs, then subscribe and sign up for the updates - you'll be glad you did. While you're at it, subscribe to my blog and sign up for my updates, too.

And just think - we're off toward another 20 blogs! I can't wait to see where God takes us next!

Remember our missionaries, pray for them, ask God to help you give more and if He has called you to go, then GO!!

In Christ,

Bro. Garry

1 comment:

  1. I love Kami's blog and just signed up for her husband's. I didn't realize he had added the subscribe by e-mail option and was glad to see that addition. Now I'll really get the whole picture of their family!

    I also thought you might like to see this post I did about their family two years ago. I think it will really bless your heart!

    http://jolenesupdates.blogspot.com/2010/03/amazing-missionary-kid.html

    ReplyDelete