Missionaries are the true heroes of today - men, women and children who have surrendered all and determined to fulfill the Great Commission by carrying the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to the farthest corners of the globe.

(DISCLAIMER: I am a member of an Independent, Fundamental KJV-preaching, soul-winning Baptist Church in Lubbock, Texas. However, this blog is my own creation and is not a ministry of Bethany Baptist Church. Missionaries featured in this space may or may not be supported by my church. Inclusion in this list does not imply any affiliation with Bethany Baptist Church, nor does it offer any extra "in" for a missionary to present his work at our church. Inviting a missionary to our church is not my decision, but my Pastor's. I'm sorry to have to include this, but don't want to have any misunderstandings to come out of what is intended to be a blessing.)

Monday, January 2, 2012

OK, let's start 2012 with a recap!

Since I started this blog, I have introduced you to 12 different missionaries and their blogs. I figure the start of a new year is as good a time as any to review this list and remind everyone about what we've seen so far.

I'm really excited that I've already found this many blogs to present. I don't know about anyone else, but I have had a blast visiting these places and learning about the tremendous ministries that are being built in these places. I can hardly wait to see what new blogs will present themselves to me during 2012.

Of course, reading blogs from missionaries is a great thing to do to stay informed about what God is doing around the world. At the same time, however, please be sure to pray for these missionaries. They share their needs and burdens through their blogs for a reason - so you can know exactly how to pray for them.

Also, be sure and get involved in the missions giving program at your local church. God ordained the local church as the place where we are to give to His work. Take it from me - God blesses those who give to missions! Missionaries depend on their supporting churches to help them stay on the field. The more we give, the more missionaries can do to win the world for Christ.

One last thing - don't forget that links to all the blogs featured here can be found at the right. If you haven't already done so, pick your favorites and sign up with the individual blog to receive updates via email. (and subscribe to this blog and sign up to get my updates, too!)

Blog
Arctic Adventures
Country
Greenland
Baptist Missionary Women Various
Be Thou Exalted Darwin, Australia
Consford Chronicles Ghana, West Africa
From the Heart of Mexico Chiapas, Mexico
In Support of Israel Simferopol, Ukraine, and Israel
Just Behind That Mountain Chiapas, Mexico
Mi Casa es Su Casa Chiapas, Mexico
Swahili Sis Mwanza, Tanzania
Szabatin Peru Adventures Peru
Tanzania Tidbits Mwanza, Tanzania
With Love from Ukraine Simferopol, Ukraine

No comments:

Post a Comment