Missionaries are the true heroes of today - men, women and children who have surrendered all and determined to fulfill the Great Commission by carrying the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to the farthest corners of the globe.

(DISCLAIMER: I am a member of an Independent, Fundamental KJV-preaching, soul-winning Baptist Church in Lubbock, Texas. However, this blog is my own creation and is not a ministry of Bethany Baptist Church. Missionaries featured in this space may or may not be supported by my church. Inclusion in this list does not imply any affiliation with Bethany Baptist Church, nor does it offer any extra "in" for a missionary to present his work at our church. Inviting a missionary to our church is not my decision, but my Pastor's. I'm sorry to have to include this, but don't want to have any misunderstandings to come out of what is intended to be a blessing.)

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Reaching "The Last Frontier"

It's been nearly a year since I started blogging about world missions.  I've met missionaries who are serving on all six of the populated continents on the planet (I've not found any missionaries yet to Antarctica).

Today marks a little bit of a transition for my blog, as I'm introducing you to a new missionary based on his website and not a blog.

I first learned about Bro. John Pinnix and his ministry, Remote Alaska Missions, from my pastor on a Wednesday night.  He told us about going to Alaska for a fellowship meeting and being introduced to a man whose ministry was taking the Gospel to the most isolated communities in America.

Checking into this ministry led me to their website, http://thepinnixfamily.com/, where I learned more about their calling.  A few weeks later, our church was privileged to host the Pinnix family and I met briefly with Bro. Pinnix.

There are more than 250 communities in Alaska that are inaccessible by road, and 100 of those have fewer than 100 residents.  Reaching these communities, settlements, villages and homesteads is a huge challenge for Bro. Pinnix, his wife Janet and their children (seven, with another on the way), but they are confident in the God Who has brought them to Alaska.

It has been incredible for me to follow this ministry and I really encourage you to stop by the website.  You can watch videos and see pictures from some of their many ministry locations and read their mission newsletters.

Please support this family - I have been so blessed by Bro. Pinnix and his ministry and know that you will, too.  As always, my prayer is that our commitment to missions will be to Pray More, Give More and, if called, Go Farther than ever before.

Until next time,

Bro. Garry

1 comment:

  1. We appreciate your faithful service there, so we can be here. God bless you my friend!

    Bro. John

    ReplyDelete