Missionaries are the true heroes of today - men, women and children who have surrendered all and determined to fulfill the Great Commission by carrying the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to the farthest corners of the globe.

(DISCLAIMER: I am a member of an Independent, Fundamental KJV-preaching, soul-winning Baptist Church in Lubbock, Texas. However, this blog is my own creation and is not a ministry of Bethany Baptist Church. Missionaries featured in this space may or may not be supported by my church. Inclusion in this list does not imply any affiliation with Bethany Baptist Church, nor does it offer any extra "in" for a missionary to present his work at our church. Inviting a missionary to our church is not my decision, but my Pastor's. I'm sorry to have to include this, but don't want to have any misunderstandings to come out of what is intended to be a blessing.)

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Bringing Light to the Dark Continent

OK, try this one on for size - I have a missionary family for you to meet who are serving the Lord in Africa but we get to read about their adventures in the United States!

For Mrs. Sally Stensaas, their "Handfuls of Blessings" have come over the course of several months of travel throughout the U.S. on furlough. While they are just about ready to head back to their field of Uganda, West Africa, you can backtrack through several months of blog entries to see the family - Bro. Keith and Mrs. Sally and their six kids - enjoying life on the road.

You can find "Handfuls of Blessings" here: http://handfulsofblessings.blogspot.com/.

I encourage you to go by and share Mrs. Sally's blessings - I bet you'll be blessed as well, and learn a lot about what a family goes through in order to be able to return to the place where they left their hearts.

Don't forget - if you enjoy "Handfuls of Blessings," be sure to sign up for email updates, and subscribe to the blog. While you're at it, I'd be blessed if you'd do the same for my blog - that way you get the updates as I write them!

In the meantime, be sure to keep the Stensaas family in your prayers and ask God what more you can do for world missions.

In Christ,

Bro. Garry

1 comment: