Missionaries are the true heroes of today - men, women and children who have surrendered all and determined to fulfill the Great Commission by carrying the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to the farthest corners of the globe.

(DISCLAIMER: I am a member of an Independent, Fundamental KJV-preaching, soul-winning Baptist Church in Lubbock, Texas. However, this blog is my own creation and is not a ministry of Bethany Baptist Church. Missionaries featured in this space may or may not be supported by my church. Inclusion in this list does not imply any affiliation with Bethany Baptist Church, nor does it offer any extra "in" for a missionary to present his work at our church. Inviting a missionary to our church is not my decision, but my Pastor's. I'm sorry to have to include this, but don't want to have any misunderstandings to come out of what is intended to be a blessing.)

Thursday, November 10, 2011

A new day ... and name ... for my blog!

Folks, I am so excited to reintroduce my blog to the world in a completely new format! Instead of writing about my thoughts and experiences, it is my pleasure to turn my blog over to my heroes in order to publicize the tremendous work being done worldwide by Independent Baptist missionaries.

You see, the other day I was saying that there are so many missionaries using the blogosphere to inform the world about their ministries and the blessings God is giving them. As we talked, my Dear Sweet Wife Nyla suggested that I create a place where all of of those blogs could be gathered together under one virtual roof so anyone can see the mission field from a first-person perspective.

And with that, the Independent Baptist Missionary Blog Spot was born!!

My desire here is serve as a conduit through which missionary blogs can be published for a far wider audience than they might otherwise receive. I intend to post regular entries to introduce you to different missionary blogs and provide a link to follow them yourself. In addition, I will keep a master list of blogs on the site so anyone can look for their favorites at any time.

Isn't that a great idea!!! I am so excited about this and just can't wait to see where God is going to take this. The rules are simple - any Independent, Fundamental Baptist missionary is eligible. I will check the blogs first and make sure they are on the up-and-up, that they follow right doctrine and are not some type of money scam.

And to kick off the Blog Spot, I am so honored to feature blogs written by two of the finest women of God I have ever met.

First off, let me introduce you to Mrs. Jolene Sloan, missionary to Ukraine and author of "From Ukraine with Love." You can find it here: http://www.jolenesupdates.blogspot.com/.

Mrs. Jolene is married to David Sloan, a third-generation Baptist missionary who grew up in Chiapas Mexico, but who followed God's call in his life to go to Simferopol Ukraine. They have been there 10 years and God is using them in an amazing way. In "From Ukraine with Love," Mrs. Jolene shows us the life of a missionary wife on the foreign field. You will be blessed as you visit with this precious mission family.

Second, I want you to meet David Sloan's mother, Mrs. Billie Sloan. Mrs. Billie is author of "From the Heart of Mexico." You can find it here: http://mimitomany.blogspot.com/.

I had the pleasure of meeting Mrs. Billie in person a few years ago. I'm sure it would embarrass her terribly, but I am totally in awe of this great woman. She and her husband, Dr. Tom Sloan, raised eight children on the mission field of Chiapas, Mexico. The Lord took him home several years ago and Mrs. Billie has kept right on going - she has written one book about her experiences on the mission field and is working on a second. She speaks to ladies groups, she teaches a Sunday School class at her home church, she hosts a Christmas banquet for the leading ladies of the community, and much, much more.

I hope everyone will check out these two blogs and see what God is doing in the lives of these fine missionary women.

And while you're at it, stay tuned to this space and we'll travel the world together to see how God is working in the lives of missionaries!

No comments:

Post a Comment